- Attend and resolve consumer complaints in relation to prices of goods and services after the application of new VAT via liaising with traders.
- Refer cases to other authorities (FCC & FRCA) if matter is outside Consumer Council’s jurisdiction.
- Resolve consumer queries by providing appropriate advice via liaising with relevant authorities.
- Ensuring that traders are complying with the new 9% VAT.
- Conducting market research in relation to VAT.
For more information about our tollfree consumer helpline download the flyer here