Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alternative Dispute Resolution and Consumer Advisory Division
- Resolve consumer complaints through mediation with traders and service providers;
- Advise and assist consumers on matters affecting their interests;
- Refer cases that come under the jurisdiction of other consumer protection agencies for their intervention;
- Support and maintain legal proceedings contemplated or initiated by consumers where the Council deems such support necessary;
- Provide debt management and consumer credit advisory services to financially illiterate consumers; and,
- Assist in the establishment of the proposed Consumer Complaints/Compensation Tribunal.