Hair –Raising Truth about Electrical Hair Straightener, Curler or Multi Styler12/04/2016 11:01
Consumers are cautioned to choose carefully when opting to purchase an electrical hair straightener, curler or multi styler. There are evidence that poor quality hair appliances and not familiar with the usage can cause hair damage including hair loss.
There is an entire range of such appliance available in the market with different brands, sizes, colours and prices. Consumers need to weigh the pros and cons of a product first before buying. With so many choices available, it becomes difficult to decide which ones are of good quality.
However this could be easily identified by:
1. Brand- Ensure that it is a reputable brand and not a brand that is rarely heard of.
2. Price- Shop around to locate a suitable price for a reputable brand before deciding on which one to purchase.
3. Instruction- Always check the package and see that the instructions are in English language so that instructions are easy to follow. Normally a user manual is present in the package. This should also be checked to see if it is in English or in a language you can understand
4. Content – Always check the box/manual to see if the trader is providing all the accessories listed with the straightener, curler or multi styler. While some appliances may come with accessories, some appliances do not and needs to be purchased separately. Thus it is important to keep a look out for this.
5. Warranty- Check to see if warranty is provided on the product. This is important, should the appliance become faulty than it is easy to seek redress. However at the point of purchase it is always good to know what all is covered under warranty.
6. Test- Always ensure to test the hair straightener, curler or multi styler to see if the product heats up. Also take into consideration the heating time of such appliances.
7. Receipts- Retain receipts in case this will be required in the future when seeking redress should the product become faulty.
It is always important to fully gauge the appliance and its potential use before purchasing. Once a consumer has purchased one of these appliances, the following is also advised:
1. Temperature- Ensure that the temperature is not set too high and frequent use of the appliance should be avoided as heat damages the hair.
2. Hair Protection- Always applies heat protecting hair treatment products to protect hair from breaking and frizzing.
3. Caution -Use the appliances with caution and be aware of burning hazards.
4. Follow Instructions- Always follow instructions to see whether the appliance can be used on wet hair. However care must be taken as the steam released may cause skin burns and hair breakages. Make sure to heed to the warning against using the appliance near bathtub or shower.
5. Handling- It is always important to handle the appliance with extra care as electronic hair tools are worked close to the scalp, forehead, ears and neck.
6.Hair products- Choose hair treatment products for thermal styling with care so that it suits the type of hair texture.
7. Storage -When not in use, always unplug and store away, out of reach of children.
Consumers are also advised to seek expert opinions from established hairdressers should there be confusion as to which hair straightener, curler or multi styler to purchase or to determine which hair products goes best with the appliances.
The Council reiterates that consumers must exercise their responsibility and choose carefully at all times.
- See more at: http://ccof.ipasifik.net/media/shoppers-guide/2447#sthash.YtwLgeC9.dpuf